Beach Babe Waves – DIY Big Hair
Ever since I can remember I’ve wanted the perfect tossed beach waves , I’ve been testing out different ways to style my big hair especially on beach vacations.I finally found a way to get a glam look with a few amazing products and I have to share. The main goal is to let your hair go wild and free but tamed/gorgeous. Sounds like a lot of work but I promise you will be surprised. I’ve always been a fan of that perfectly undone, quintessentially #baywatch look, and with a few new products I’ve been able to master it just like that.
I’ve been using Yves Rocher products for a long time now ( yves rocher catalogo ), and I am so happy that their new Beach Hair Spray is working so well for me. A Salty spray with a light summer scent that makes my hair look like I just got back from the beach every time. To be honest I’m obsessed with all things with Monoi Oil. I’ve tried a few sea salt sprays and a some have left my hair feeling crunchy. This product below gets FIVE STARS 👍
Now lets get into the technique I use and the products to get my favorite beachy, tousled look.
I start by shampooing with a purifying shampoo in the morning, which purifies my hair to remove excess product and gets me a good start to the routine. I comb my hair throughly for knots and snags.One of my favourite brushing tools is from DYSON.
I then use Ola Plex Oil to moisturize my hair, and give it a little extra texture but you can use any good quality hair oil. I then put on IGK Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel. FYI IGK Rich Kid coconut oil-infused gel is a great foundation in creating a hydrated, lived in, undone hair look. Inspired by the international jet set kids, Rich Kid’s moisturizing properties give you the hair you’ve always wanted. HOW FUN! Working a small amount through the hair. Leave to AIR DRY. Here are some details.
WHO IT’S BEST FOR
- Tightly Coiled
HOW TO USE
For fine hair – start with a small amount and build up as needed
Straight or lightly wavy hair:
- Rub product between palms and over fingers.
- When hair is almost dry, finger comb in from mid-lengths to ends.
- Let hair air dry for easy, tousled texture.
- For frizz-free waves, twist the hair in small sections and let the hair air dry. As hair dries, the twists will unravel and leave hair with a wavy texture.
- Rub product between palms.
- When hair is almost dry, run product from mid-lengths to ends.
- Blow dry in for style memory, shine and frizz-control.
Air Dry or Diffuse:
- Start with Sold Out Curl Priming Basecoast for extra definition and volume.
- Towel dry hair with a t-shirt or cotton towel. Be careful not to rub and cause frizz.
- Mix Rich Kid Coconut Oil Air Dry Styler. For added moisture mix with Mistress Hydrating Hair Balm.
- When hair is about 75% dry, work the mixture through hair, twisting and scrunching to encourage your natural texture.
- For short hair or all-over hold – apply to damp hair and work from roots to ends. Will give a soft hold with shine.
- For a piecey beach wave look or creating texture in a blowout – apply to your fingertips and brush lightly through the hair.
- Apply just to ends for a detailed, piecey finish.
- This gel styler can be used on towel-dried hair or right before blow-drying for a controlled, tousled look. It’s ideal for normal-to-fine hair, loose curls, and waves. As an added bonus, it also has a fragrance with a refreshingly bright arrangement of bergamot, lemon zest, mimosa, heliotrope, and black amber.
- This product is formulated without mineral oil and petroleum. It’s also vegan,cruelty-free, gluten-free, free from sulfates, parabens, petrolatum and mineral oil. UV-protection.
I use my DYSON comb to section off the hair and take my T3 Micro Wand (OPTIONAL) Over the sections of my turn away from my face. (Feel free to miss this step) I often run out of time and just move to the Sea Salt Spray.
To finish it off, I get to use my very favorite SEA SALT Spray product, to texturize and tousle. The Sea Salt Spray gives you that gorgeous, beachy texture all year round, whether you’re a blonde or have dark hair like mine. Just spritz a little bit in your hair for an effortless look that also happens to smell great. This spray has a delicious smell of Tahiti, which reminds me of being on vacation every time. It’s pretty amazing! And the best part? You can use it on wet or dry hair. The IGK gel helps makes the hair polished and limits fly aways. The perfect combo. Im looking forward to seeing your gorgeous BIG BEACH HAIR.